reamers for teflon centers

J Patrick Draine draine@comcast.net
Sat, 25 Jun 2005 17:04:36 -0400

It's been a long time since I've repinned teflon bushings (click!
click!) -- and lo and behold the straight reamers which I bought maybe
25 years ago have disappeared from my toolkit. The reamers which
Pianotech sells are $20 apiece (or a set of 8 for $140). Yikes! Can one
find these through other (non piano) suppliers at a better rate? Would
reaming with drill bits of the same diameter yield acceptable results?
I assume using the Mannino reamers would be a very major faux pas?
Patrick Draine