reamers for teflon centers

Joel A. Jones jajones2@wisc.edu
Sat, 25 Jun 2005 17:22:56 -0500

Patrick,

I read into your questions that you don't do many teflon bushings, and
are looking for something temporary.
Without  a doubt the Pianotech reamers are the best tool.  I have found
the tapered reamers to be a waste
of time .

However, I remember during the teflon age that a very temporary reamer
could be made by rolling
a center pin between two files.   Check the final size of the reamer
pin after a couple of runs between the files
to match the fit of the bushing.  There are a few nuances with this
solution to make it work, but it can produce
clickless results.

Joel

Joel Jones, RPT
Madison, WI