Tuning Price

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Sun, 26 Jun 2005 12:48:11 -0700

While transportation is a cost, rise in gas prices does not really have
much impact on our bottom line-unless you are driving 100 miles to each
appointment.  A $1.00 per gallon increase on a 10 mile round trip
doesn't amount to that much money.

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net
-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Joe Garrett
Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2005 11:22 AM
To: pianotech
Subject: Re: Tuning Price

I'm at $110.00. Portland Oregon. We are currently going through an
economic slump, in this area, but I'll be damned if I'll "go begging"
w/the gas/diesel prices so high. (Our biggest expense is transportation,
folks.)

David Anderson said: "I heard a guy teaching a class at a national
convention say that a pair of
pliers that cost maybe $60 was the most expensive tool he ever bought,
and
that he just can't see spending money on tools for "just pianos."
IMO, that "instructor" was an idiot! Never should have said that,
especially in a CLASS! FWIW, I just bought a really nice voicing tool,
for $235.00! Worth every damned penny! It always amazes me, (and
disgusts me, as well!), the crappy tools some people have! Most of those
"Cheapy Tool Owners" spend more time doing things the hard way and can't
understand why they're poor! (and that their work is less than stellar!)
Sheesh!
End of Rant!<G>
Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.