Piano wire tensile strength

PAULREVENKOJONES@aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES@aol.com
Sun, 26 Jun 2005 21:31:29 EDT

In a message dated 6/26/2005 3:23:53 PM Central Standard Time,
741662027@theshusters.org writes:

> Are you saying that any half turn (180 degrees) causes some effect at the
> bridge that any whole turn (360) will not cause?

After the string is on the piano for any period of time so that the "bend" in
the wire around the bridge pins has "set" (for lack of better language), if
you were to give the wire a half turn only, it would bend the wire against
itself. Does that help, or did I make it worse?

P R-J