Steinway Backchecks

Mon, 27 Jun 2005 09:57:12 -0400

Thanks Don.  It's hard to screw up the word "Corfam".

First, it seems that Escaine or Ecsaine is what we were using back then,
apparently erroneously.  Spelling-wise, Ecsaine seems correct, as the
product produced by the Toray Industry of Japan.  Escaine appears to be the
"Nucular" of the textile industry, since doing a search on the term brings
up many pages of reference to its use in Lexus vehicles, but absolutely
nothing on the material itself.

Does it have a nap? knap?

David Skolnik