What to do for sore wrists and arms.

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Wed, 29 Jun 2005 18:33:12 -0500

Right you are, Guy. My forearms are bigger than most from previous years
of rolling newspapers and turning wrenches. And I know it helps.
Seriously, why just work out? Get an early morning paper route and roll
newspapers. They pay pretty good these days and it does get you going
early in the AM.

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Nichols
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2005 4:53 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: What to do for sore wrists and arms.

Vinny,
    Tools and technique are primary concerns for low-stress pain-free
tuning. But..... flamesuit zipped-up to the neck..... strong arms help.
Yeah, yeah, we all know petite tuners knockin' out 5 a day with very
little
fatigue. They have great technique and they're not generally working for

Baldwin dealers. :^)  Honestly, a little extra time a few times a week
invested on your forearm muscles will get your flexors and extensors to
the
point of being able to finesse several tunings a day with less fatigue
and
a lot more control. For me, it's the control benefit that I really like.

Simple mechanics. Now, a note: It's ALL you muscles, y'know. Not just
arms.
And... like Phil said, 2 times a month to the massage therapist will pay

for itself big time. Speaking of which, I'd be willing to bet (something

cheap) that if you added a forearm regime to your workout, about 10
minutes
three times a week, you'd get that time back from your tunings. Really.
Stronger arms=more control=faster note-setting. I could suggest a few
sets,
but better to go get a book. Something you can refer back to often.
Consider lifter's gloves with wrap-around wrist support.
"check with your physician first".... yeah, right, he's right next to
"piano" in the yellow pages, that's close enough.............

Later,
Guy

At 11:28 AM 6/29/2005 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>I am relatively new in to piano tuning world, but have as much work as
I can