keyframe regulation

Quentin Codevelle quentin.codevelle at tiscali.fr
Wed Apr 5 11:35:28 MDT 2006

Hi list,

I have a question about keyframe regulation.

When I regulate the frame, I sometimes have the bass and treble ends of the front bar that raise a little bit. Of course, when the cheek blocks are screwed tight, the frame becomes flat.

This comes with a good regulation of the frame, and sometimes when my "knocking" of the glide bolts is ok (meaning the frame is accurately adapted to the keybed), this raise of the ends remains.

Is there a tolerance that is accepted for this raise (for example, not more than 1mm space between the bottom of the front rail end and the keybed), or should we aim for a perfectly flat keyframe on the bass and treble ends?

It seems to me that it is not always possible.

I have to deal with this phenomenon right now, I'mregulating a Bösendorfer 214cm at my workshop.
The frame is ok, glide bolts are properly regulated but the ends have a small raise (about 0.5mm maybe).

Thanks for your help,

Quentin