False Beats / Loose pins

William R. Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Wed Apr 5 16:15:03 MDT 2006

Ric writes,

> Frankly... I dont think loose pins really have anything to do with the
> phenomena.  Ok.. its a sexy explaination.  But its got too many holes
> ... as it were.
>
> Cheers, and thanks for the post

Ric,

I don't get it.  If the pins were loose and there were false beats.  All you
did was CA them so they are now tight and there are no false beats.  What
else is there?  I understand that so much of what we do may have
explanations we do not comprehend, or variables that we do not see.  But,
you only changed one variable and supported the hypothesis.  Why are you so
reticent to think loose pins CAN cause false beats?  It seems you've proven
it to yourself.

Regards,
William R. Monroe