String bearing point lubrication

Mark Schecter schecter at pacbell.net
Sat Apr 8 09:52:38 MDT 2006

Hi, Joe.

Next time I have a piano that's slated for restringing, I'm going to try
coating some of the bass strings (and not others) with Protek or
GooseJuice. I would like to start testing whether it's possible to
protect them, like plain wire, from oxidizing, without destroying them.
Thanks for mentioning this.

-Mark Schecter