Cargo to Go

Barbara Richmond piano57 at insightbb.com
Sun Apr 9 21:01:36 MDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "william ballard" <yardbird at vermontel.net>
To: "Pianotech List" <pianotech at ptg.org>
Sent: Sunday, April 09, 2006 9:33 PM
Subject: Re: Cargo to Go

snip

> It's definitely a compact van, not something I'd want a family of  four to
> vacation in. And you soon realize (and get used to) how cozy  it is
> inside. Mileage could be better, I'm getting high 20s, and  that's with my
> cruisng speed 5 mph less than the speed limits.
>
> I call the PT Cruiser the VW Bug (the original one appearing in the  50s)
> for the New Millenium: quirky styling, well-designed, and priced  for the
> proletariat.
>
> Mr. Bill

I ended my vehicle search by purchasing a used Honda Odyssey (something the
family can vacation in).  We're a two vehicle family.  The nice thing about
this van, is the rear seat folds down into the floor.  I hauled a Steinway D
action in it with only the rear seat all the way down.  My tools on those
trips were crammed between the middle and the front seats.  What I really
like about it, is when the rear seat is up, there is a nice "well" where
most of my work stuff (or luggage) fits nicely.  It's too dark to take a
picture now--maybe in the morning.  To keep the miles down, I only take the
van when I know or suspect I will be hauling an action, or hauling more
stuff than my old Camry will hold.  Otherwise, it's the (older) Camry that
gets the miles put on it.

Man, that van is so comfortable.  I love it.  I'm hoping they'll come out
with something great (hybrid or something beyond my imagination) in the next
few years or so--when we'll be thinking about replacing the Camry.

Barbara Richmond