scaling problem

ed miller edmiller3 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 18 05:08:00 MDT 2006

Thanks David.

Here's the situation. At the time I destrung the piano I did not have a
trustworthy mircometer, so I took out each unison, taped them together and
labeled the note number. Then I took out the plate to make soundboard and
bridge repairs, so I can't measure string lengths at this time.

I 'miked' the unsions yesterday with my new micrometer, and that's when I
found the problem.

Maybe I'll take the speaking length measurements when the plate is back in
and have it rescaled......any other options? Is it possible I can find a
scaling that has already been done for this piano? It is a 1908 52" Knabe
Upright

Ed