scaling problem

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Tue Apr 18 09:16:26 MDT 2006

At 07:33 AM 4/18/2006 -0700, you wrote:
>Is it possible, then, that you simply mixed up the order of a string when
>you taped them together?

There is another possibility...

I've used micrometers/vernier calipers for almost 50 years now (since I was
a kid - my father had a machine shop), and I like to think that I'm fairly
proficient in their usage. I always have to guard against being _too_ fast,
however.

I always take at least two readings on each piece of wire to eliminate the
possibility of error due to corrosion, kink or natural arc of the wire. Any
one of them can change the gage of wire you think you need.

YMMV, of course.

Conrad Hoffsommer

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy.