Key Excursion

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 18 10:43:34 MDT 2006

I've always thought that the key(s) would be tilted slightly towards the action, at rest. And that at "half stroke" the key would be level. If the key is tilted too high, at rest, then the moment of maximum efficiency would happen at let-off, which would be the least efficienct, IMO. If the opposite were the case, the efficiency would also suffer, IMO. Just my musings for the moment.
Regards,

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I