Key Excursion

Michelle Smith michelle at cdaustin.com
Tue Apr 18 11:31:09 MDT 2006

As a piano instructor, I've always been fascinated by the work of the
piano tuner/tech.  The only problem is it creates a new level of
listening and I begin to hear problems that were probably already
present in the piano.  (Result:  the dreaded call-back).

Similarly, as a student tech, I'm beginning to hear problems in our
piano that I had the "luxury" of never hearing before.  Now, not only
am I critical of the music but critical of the instrument as well.
It's driving my husband nuts!  =)

Michelle Smith
Student Tuner
Bastrop, Texas