Pleyel 3 bis hammers specs

Stéphane Collin collin.s at skynet.be
Tue Apr 18 11:09:23 MDT 2006

Hello Patrick.

Thanks for your insights.
Glad to hear you had good experience with Desfougères.  When was it that you
had that set hammers refelted ? More than 5 years ago ? I was not as lucky
as you are : I had two sets since refelted by Desfougères the son, which
appeared to be half or less as good as the sets that Desfougères the father
did when he was working.
Also, I'm not sure at all that the moldings and hammer specs are original on
the one I'm working on, so refelting is a bit risky : I strongly suspect the
present hammers to be far too thick for the action desing.  That is why I
was searching for comments about the original specs.  Now, possibly
Desfougères the son could tell about those specs ?  But for now, I'm
contemplating new hammers made to measure by Renner or Abel.

Best regards to your sunny country.

Stéphane Collin.