Pleyel 3 bis hammers specs

PIANISSIMO PIANOFORTE S.L. patrick at pianospianissimo.com
Tue Apr 18 14:07:53 MDT 2006

Hi Stéphane,

I guess we were lucky then! So I see the work of "the son" isn't exactly
consistent... It was about July/August 2005 that we got that set of Pleyel
hammers refelted.

Never used Abel for refelting, but I'm sure they do a good job, and as
someone else suggested you could also get the butts refelted by them,
certainly a time saving option. For many of us time seems to be a currency
which value is constantly going up!

Very sunny indeed over here the past few weeks, feels pretty much like
summer :). Regards,

Patrick

P.S.: I look forward to hearing about your experience with Renner/Abel
when you get the hammers done.

> Hello Patrick.
>
> Thanks for your insights.
> Glad to hear you had good experience with Desfougères.  When was it that
> you
> had that set hammers refelted ? More than 5 years ago ? I was not as lucky
> as you are : I had two sets since refelted by Desfougères the son, which
> appeared to be half or less as good as the sets that Desfougères the
> father
> did when he was working.
> Also, I'm not sure at all that the moldings and hammer specs are original
> on
> the one I'm working on, so refelting is a bit risky : I strongly suspect
> the
> present hammers to be far too thick for the action desing.  That is why I
> was searching for comments about the original specs.  Now, possibly
> Desfougères the son could tell about those specs ?  But for now, I'm
> contemplating new hammers made to measure by Renner or Abel.
>
> Best regards to your sunny country.
>
> Stéphane Collin.

Patrick Hinves Ballesta
Afinador/Técnico 610442371