Key Excursion

Bec and John Silva bjsilva001 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 19 17:40:55 MDT 2006

Hi Michelle,

It doesn't get any better. I touch up any unisons that are not
"perfect" on my own piano everyday before I practise. Sometimes I get
so particular I have to step back and just accept whatever state the
piano is in (which is usually just fine). I always have a list of
things in my head I want to do to the piano to make it sound better.

But really, what other instrumentalist would play on an out of tune
instrument if they were able to tune it themselves? Pianists probably
don't notice as much as they could because many have no choice but to
put up with it. Not intending to put you technicians out of some
work, but I do think every (decent) pianist should know how to at
least tune their own instrument.

- John