Re: Bösendorfer Rim

William R. Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Thu Apr 20 06:59:44 MDT 2006

Hi Terry,

I've only found "oven-dry" to be defined as the state of a sample of wood
which has reached an equilibrium weight while being held in an environment
of between 212 and 221 F.  Is the assumption then that this state is reached
when 100% of the water is driven from the wood?  Can we really drive ALL the
moisture from a piece of wood?  I ask out of curiosity.

Regards,
William R. Monroe

And yes, I stand corrected on the "8%" assumption I listed.  It is clearly
much less than that, at or near zero%.  Thanks, Terry.