CA glue on loose hammers

Ric Brekne ricbrek at broadpark.no
Sun Apr 23 04:33:41 MDT 2006

Hei Patrick
Hey Patrick

The thing is, I dont really use CA much at all.  I keep a bit handy for
extreme false beat problems as it sometimes helps. In fact... now that I
think of it I dont think I've ever tried to use it for loose tuning pins
either. I just used it here on a whim and was supprised that the stuff
seemed to work in reverse.

Grin... and as many of you know... I am confused enough without the CA
fumes !  Hey... maybe I should try some... they  might have a reverse
effect on my brain as well !!

Cheers
RicB

Patrick writes:

<snip> And, as you said, it didn't work. Yeah, that's my experience too.
*Perhaps* an application of medium thick, along with accelerator would have
worked, but this is one of those situations where "regular glues" work --
sometimes "the traditional approach" (hide, white, aliphatic, etc.) is
best!!

Sometimes list groupthink has us all attributing magical powers to CA glue
and Protek. Then again, maybe it's the CA fumes that confuses us ...

Patrick Draine