Why do we need crown?

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Sun Apr 23 20:26:35 MDT 2006

Ron
  Yes I see.
   My point was that if the board was set up to be a spring   it would
require bearing to make it work. Many  boards that were  initially designed to be
compressed by bearing & then went flat (Or near  zero)  will with adequate
bearing still sound pretty dang good. Obviously  the mass & stiffness inherent in
these flattened systems was substantial  enough to make them work but they are
the exception in MO not the rule.
  Dale

And I  was, of course, talking about something designed and
built for zero  bearing and zero crown throughout, not
something that was designed for  positive bearing and crown and
badly built.

Ron  N