Dealing with bridge damage.

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Apr 25 18:26:23 MDT 2006

That's just a maybe. Not enough information has been presented. The piano is reported to be four years old (I've seen new pianos that needed a new soundboard). The original post stated: "There is a lack of sustain and power in the fifth and lower sixth octaves.", which is a classic indicator that a collapsed/dead soundboard could be to blame. One would want to take a very careful look at downbearing and crown on the entire soundboard to get a better feel for the cause.

If the soundboard has reverse crown and no downbearing, I would sure recommend demanding that the soundboard be replaced under warranty.

Terry Farrell