Dealing with bridge damage.

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 25 16:09:33 MDT 2006

Ed,
Good question.  I'm guessing Mr. Webb won't think to highly of
warranty repair due to store-technician damage.  I don't want to make
things really ugly for the other tech. but... As to a weak killer
octave, I understand the policy is to voice the rest of the piano
down to match.  Impedance problems contributing to beating strings in
the killer octave... It would be interesting what the response would be.

Please don't get me wrong, the technical team at Steinway has been
responsive, friendly and helpful.  I don't see them fixing the
induced damage and there is a policy to deal with the killer octave
that I don't want to follow.

Sincerely,
Andrew Anderson