Okay, It's In the Catalog was For your info, only

Alan Barnard tune4u at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 26 22:41:02 MDT 2006

I like the creative types who used metal pin bushings to clamp around a
broken hammer shank, as a "permanent" repair.

I've got a few of these bushings in my shop from an eBay "tuner's estate"
sale I "won". Also, about 37,437,211 replacement hammer return springs--of
which I have used exactly 88 to make a replacement rail two years ago.

I also got some of those aluminum flange shields: Never tried em' but have
seen them in very old, tired uprights and spinets. Question: Do they do any
good in a quick-fix, low-budget, who-cares-about-this-piano-anyway
situation?

Maybe if you stamped "Genuine Steinway & Sons Part" on each one ...

Ow ... slapped myself for that one.

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri