Our own pianos

pianotune05 pianotune05 at comcast.net
Thu Apr 27 05:59:04 MDT 2006

Les,
Great post, and interesting too.  My question is then, how does one reach the place where we've done our best and yet satisfy the person wanting the piano tuned at the same time?  Where is that fine line?  Did I do a poor job for this person wanting to see how I tune, and didn't set the pin correctly as they suggested, or did  I succomb to a piano who's personality didn't agree with mine as I tried to coax it into tune?  Did I lose a battle based on my being new to the trade, or did I tune as best as the piano would allow me to tune?  How do we find this answer?  Is it blowing in the wind as the song suggests? :) "How many times must a piano tuner tune before the piano cannot be tuned?  How many times must a pin be set before the unison will stay? The answer my friend is .... :)
Marshall