Damp-Chaser in Texas

Don pianotuna at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 27 10:12:03 MDT 2006

Hi Barbara and Andrew,

That is exactly my approach. I monitor the piano's stability versus the
humidity. If it exceeds what I believe may be a musician's tolerance level,
then I recommend humidity control. The exceptions to this are concert
instruments where Damppchaser systems are imho a "must do" for stability.

At 10:42 AM 4/27/2006 -0500, you wrote:
>I've lived and serviced pianos in East Texas.  Can't say that there were any
>sweeping generalizations that could be made.  Some pianos seemed untouched
>by humidity problems and others,...um...needed help.  I'd say take it case
>by case.
>
>Barbara Richmond, RPT

>Bottom line, record temperature and Rh at each and every service
>call.  Covers you when the piano isn't at pitch shortly (and change
>of weather) after you tune it and may well demonstrate the need for
>additional service.
>
>Andrew Anderson

Regards,

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7