Damp-Chaser in Texas

Don pianotuna at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 27 12:53:50 MDT 2006

Hi Avery,

If I had my choice I'd get an uninterruptible power supply, permanently
install it under the belly and use that to power the DamppChaser during
moves. They come with a built in beeper too--so when the piano is unplugged
it becomes unusable. Failing that an emergency "auto on" rechargeable
flashlight can be modified by replacing the light with a buzzer. Put it in
parallel with the power cord and it will buzz for 30 minutes or until the
piano is plugged back in.

At 12:33 PM 4/27/2006 -0500, you wrote:
>Don,
>
>But how does this work? They're always being moved in and out of "somewhere".
>I've often wished that DammpChaser could come up with a portable unit of some
>kind that worked off batteries and wouldn't have to be plugged into anything
>and wouldn't be obviously visible to the audience.
>
>I'm lucky. Even my storage area for the 'D's' has some
>temperature/humidity control!
>
>Avery

Regards,

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7