Containers for actions?

pmc033 at earthlink.net pmc033 at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 30 15:26:26 MDT 2006

I made a special aluminum box for transporting actions. I put it in the
back of my full size Ford van.  I just slide the action in and close the
back door. It will fit any action except maybe an old Steinway duo-art with
those long keys.   The aluminum material for this cost me over $200.  I
used angle stock on all the corners, and pop riveted it together.  It works
very well, and doubles as an action drying box if I put a light bulb or two
into it.  I run an electrical cord to the box in the truck and just leave
the lights on overnight.  Now that I'm considering a smaller vehicle (read:
GAS PRICES), the future of this box is in question.  I like what I hear
about the Vibe, so I'm checking it out.  I have no idea if my box will fit
in it.  I highly recommend a box of this sort because you can stack things
on top of it and not risk breaking off hammers, etc.  If I were to do it
over, I'd probably have a sheet metal shop make it for me.
	Paul McCloud, RPT
	San Diego