Steingraeber factory pictures, bridge agraffes & adjustable vertical hitchpins

ed440 at mindspring.com ed440 at mindspring.com
Sun Apr 30 19:03:38 MDT 2006

Cy-

Sohmer made pianos with treble terminations like this. (Also with a different kind of bridge agraffe.)

A horizontal groove is cut from below to allow a bearing rod to fit inside the capo bar across the row of holes, just above the middle of the holes.  The strings don't touch the sides of the holes.  The idea is to attach the bar to the front plate and pinblock to reflect more energy back to the speaking length.

This looks like a very similar arrangement.

Ed Sutton