insurance appraisal

Fenton Murray fmurray at cruzio.com
Sun Apr 30 23:22:17 MDT 2006

Dan,
I usually fix a faily high price for appraisals listing both current fair market (as is ) value and replacement value. Replacement value is a new Bosey full retail price for that size piano. Depreciation value MIGHT be a 70 year sliding scale (each year of age would be a $1000 deduction off a new piano price of 70K. You might stop the scale at 25%. Then add in for better than average condition or rebuilding or other work done that improved the piano, deduct for worse than average condition, add for special brands like S&S or Bosey, deduct for bad brands like K&C, W, B, ect. Add for a nice day, you get the idea. An absolute science. Then just call someone who is up on that brand and ask them. Find one that sold on the internet, ask a gypsy. Remember, she's paying you for a high appraisal, don't be shy.
Fenton