Steinway D water damage

Marcel Carey mcpiano at videotron.ca
Thu Aug 3 09:02:01 MDT 2006

Hi John,

If the strings are NOT rusted, you could try CA glue on the 3 offending
notes. Otherwise, you could replace these strings and tuning pins only.
Did the water get on the pins area? How much water are we talking about?

Depending of the answers to the above questions, I probably would try
the CA glue to start with.

Marcel Carey, RPT
Sherbrooke, QC