Elk leather

John Delacour JD at Pianomaker.co.uk
Sat Aug 5 07:11:05 MDT 2006

At 12:11 pm +0200 5/8/06, Ric Brekne wrote:

>Sorry JD.  Wild West of America. I was on a on month trek coast to
>coast by car this summer.  Nice to see you back on pianotech btw.

Thank you :-)  I see there's a firm selling various
interesting-looking skins on eBay
<http://stores.ebay.com/Wholesale-Leathers> and the prices look
interesting too.  Whether they do or would cure the skins in a way
suitable for piano work, I don't know, and the problem with whole
skins is the skiving etc. and the wastage, which is why I tend to buy
strips ready skived from the piano supply companies although I have 2
or 3 skins of beautiful stuff I bought over 10 years ago.  All the
same I'm quite tempted to buy a skin or two from this firm if it
sounds as if they can produce suitable stuff.

JD