Aaaargh was and partly still is Piano History question

Alan R. Barnard tune4u at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 5 21:30:11 MDT 2006

Q: "Did Kimball make pianos this small back then?"

No, but because of there proportionately high wool content and extensive use of green lumber used to make their cases, they have shrunk significantly over the years.

Believe it or not, many of these have disappeared entirely, which--and I'm sure you will agree--has been a blessing to all mankind, cats and dogs included (batteries, lizards, and weasels not included but available as options).

On a more serious note (F#5 I believe ... and about 12 cents flat), here's a question:

Why, oh why are such a high percentage of piano teachers and church musicians absolutely unable to tell if a piano is in tune, much less distinguish any subtleties of tone or regulation? Or if they CAN tell, why don't they care? I go nuts and grab the old Jahn if my own piano has even one whiny unison. But I digress ...

Tuned the personal piano, today, of a very nice lady who is the player for a Methodist church. I've been tuning for the church every six months for  years and years now, but she has not had her personal piano tuned in who knows how long. It was 30 to 70 cents flat and icky.

So why did she finally call???????

Well, you see, they just moved the piano to their new house  .....

Alan Barnard
Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgh in Salem, MO
Joshua 24:15