Installing new key end felts

Mark Dierauf pianotech at nhpianos.com
Sun Aug 6 06:49:00 MDT 2006

Wow - that IS a nice cutting blade, and I can see where it would be even
easier (and probably more comfortable) than the one I use.

As for applying glue to the wood instead of the felt, I have always done
it this way, and for two reasons: First, I am able to load the felt with
enough glue to be sure that I'm getting good adhesion (I've never had a
glue failure using this system), and second, I have no problems with
gluing keys together! There are some applications where I might apply to
the wood, but for thicker materials (key end, back rail cloth, etc.) I
prefer it this way.

Thanks again for the pics,

- Mark Dierauf