bechstein

Ric Brekne ricbrek at broadpark.no
Sun Aug 6 18:08:25 MDT 2006

Lists,

I hope I can run some numbers by you for input...

Bechstein E, #158555, 1966, Renner action...hammers not original but
appear to be Renner   17 mm KC

Hi David.

We are missing the FW's in this data set. How did you establish your
ratio without them... or did you just leave them out here ?

Looks like your hammers are about mid medium weights... probably you
could go up a couple notches, especially if your ratio is indeed around 5.7
Post the FW's

Cheers
RicB

N         U        D        BW        SW        KR        WW
KC        R
16       24        56        40        10.7        .53
19.5        17mm    6.8
17       20        56        38        10.7        .52
20.4        17mm    5.6
40       42        55        48.5       9.4        .52
20.4        17mm    5.7
41       36        54        40          9.7        .51
19.9        17mm    5.8
64       36        54        45          7.2        .51
19.9        17mm    5.8
65       37        53        45          7.1        .51
19.8        17mm    6.1

Bob M. at Pianotek thinks I need heavier hammers on this 9ft piano.
The piano is generally in a studio and rolled out to a stage/gym a few
times a year.   I don't think I need a heavier hammer...
I mocked an Abel Standard hammer on key #33 with a stock weight of 9.1
grams gave me, with a 3/8" lead=11.5 grams on the key, a downweight of
about 50 and a 25 gram upweight.  The hammer was stock so it needs all
the typical trimming which will lower it's weight and lower the
downweight and upweight...a lower up weight is not good...

I have so many questions...is it so important to lower my R?  On the
sample the only really bad R was on #16 and #65...which raised my
overall R...

I haven't tried the shim to lower my R yet...

I really appreciate any input...

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA 94044