Wood Stripper

Greg Newell gnewell at ameritech.net
Sun Aug 6 21:38:57 MDT 2006

Del and list,
         I bought a 5 gallon quantity of this
stuff and found that despite their claims to the
contrary it is indeed toxic and produces quite
heavy fumes. We were stripping some painted trim
inside our home and we had to evacuate the
children because they got first very light headed
and then started vomiting. Once the air was clear
things returned to normal. Being a bit of a slow
learner we did it again with a bit more
ventilation with similar results. It also
required more than one step to remove the old
finish but I consider that normal for most strippers.

best regards,
Greg Newell

At 08:48 PM 8/6/2006, you wrote:

>We've been using a product called "Soy-Gel" made
>by Franmar -- a company I'd never heard of
>before trying this product. It's a bit pricey
>but it really is "fast, safe, non-toxic, non
>caustic, biodegradable, has very little odor and may be used indoors. . . ."
>
>Del

Greg Newell
Greg's Piano Forté
mailto:gnewell at ameritech.net