bechstein

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 7 17:27:44 MDT 2006

Thanks Ric,

I might take you up off line...so I'm looking at my "Little Stanwood Primer Book" at Appendix A...touch weight parameters table.   Not sure what the 3-2-1 compared to the 4-3-2 means other than more lead in the keys?   The 4-3-2 shows my 5.7 will get me in SW8 or 9 curve..right?

I'm going through the measuring again and doing the partial sample set this time...just to make sure what I've got.   I've gone over the friction issues and now #16 is way different...D=43 U=17...too much lead for that key...5  3/8" leads...BW is 30...way to low...so if I can get it up to D=55 and U=23, I'll have BW=38...
You mentioned getting my BW down and I think I understand that now.   Too much downweight and too much upweight...in general...heavier hammers will take care of some of that and FW changes will do the rest...?   I think...

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA  94044