Piano Tool Collection

pianolady50 at peoplepc.com pianolady50 at peoplepc.com
Thu Aug 10 07:14:36 MDT 2006

What am I to do with this 28 year collection of piano tuning tools, parts, books and manuals when I no longer need them?

Lou,

The ideas, so far, have been great.  I don't believe this one has been mentioned.  Your local PTG Chapter can offer them for sale to members with the proceeds going either to a beneficiary of your choice or to the chapter.  I have purchased some marvelous tools over the years in this manner.  Also, once everyone had made their purchases, and the rest was declared  to be boxes of rummage heading for the dumpster if no one would haul them off...I would volunteer to do the hauling.  Evenings spent sifting through the "junk" was fun, educational, and sometimes rewarding with some odd parts (I'm a saver), handmade tools, etc.

Debbie