Tuning Hammers

Greg Newell gnewell at ameritech.net
Mon Aug 14 13:39:27 MDT 2006

David,
         I haven't had a problem with plate strut
clearance at all! The only problem I have ever
had was in getting the head in tight quarters
around A0 or A#0. Everything after that has been
a breeze. I even bought the little extension
piece to use in case I needed the reach but haven't used it yet.

best,
Greg

P.S. I thought you said they were ugly!

At 01:59 PM 8/14/2006, you wrote:
>I'm very happy with my Charles Faulk hammer    charles at faulkpiano.com
>I am thinking about a fujan hammer
>though...again I'm concerned with plate
>clearance.   Looking at the product, I can't see
>how that wouldn't be a problem unless you
>extended the tip a fair amount?   Clue me again...
>
>David Ilvedson, RPT
>Pacifica, CA  94044

Greg Newell
Greg's Piano Forté