CyberHammer Recommendation - was RE: Tuning Hammers

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Mon Aug 14 19:36:24 MDT 2006

Shoulder/neck pain is a plague of us tuners. Normally whenever you have sore
muscles the problem is overdevelopment of one muscle of a group/pair.

Since we hold our arm upright for an hour at a time and lift heavy pianos,
it tends to overdevelop the muscles on top of our shoulder.

I have found that doing pull down exercises on a weight machine makes sore
shoulders and neck muscles disappear. Try it, you'll be amazed.

Similarly sore backs can often be greatly helped by doing exercises that
isolate your abdominals. Strengthen your abs and the back will get better.

Dean