Tuning Hammers

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr at srvinet.com
Wed Aug 16 15:14:54 MDT 2006

Hi,
I never have had  to add length to the tip.
The 20% head allows me to clear any overhang on the top side of a vertical.
On grands the struts are not a problem ever if one tuned from 10:00 to 2:00.
And as I stated in another post,  I do take the Knob end off on most grands
at C7 and use the hammer while seated until arround G7. At this point I
usually stand and move to the side of the piano and work arround the lid
prop. The reason that I choose to do this is more becuase I can no longer
see where to place my mutes, than not being comfortable with the piano
objects interferring with my work.
In the high treble, the pins are far enough away from the stretcher, that
one can tune with the hammer hanging out over the keys.
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr at srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com