Source fof High Solids Lacquer

Phil Bondi phil at philbondi.com
Wed Aug 16 16:40:08 MDT 2006

The Esteemed Colleague in the NE quadrant of the Sunshine State says:

JIMRPT at aol.com wrote:

> Dave;
> It is not whether the laquer is "high solids" or not but the ratio in
> which you mix the formula. Any good quality laquer will work as long
> as you use 'gloss' and not any rubbed effect formulation.
> Ratios vary wildly amongst the list...I prefer to use a 10-12 % ratio
> -laquer to thinner.
> jim bryant (FL)

Dear Dr. Bryant:

It was suggested to me a few years ago..I believe a few members of the
CAUT list, suggested that while an ordinary lacquer would work, you
would get better, quicker, and more consistent results from one with a
higher content of solids.

One that was suggested was Sherwin Williams. According to the sales
person, I bought the last gallon here locally, and they were not going
to be getting any more.

While you have maintained your 'perfect' record with me, this is a
subject I feel I may have somewhat of a experienced say...for a change!

The Humbled Colleague Who Has Called Dr. Bryant As Recently As Last Monday,

-Phil Bondi(Fl)