Source fof High Solids Lacquer

JIMRPT at aol.com JIMRPT at aol.com
Wed Aug 16 15:18:24 MDT 2006

In a message dated 8/16/06 4:36:33 PM, dsmith941 at comcast.net writes:

> I'm about to  voice my first set of new Steinway hammers (with the help of
> Mr Bondi).  I've checked the archives, and found reference to a source for
> the lacquer to use, I think it was David Love, but did not find the source
> mentioned.  Can anyone tell me where to find the appropriate lacquer?

Dave;
 It is not whether the laquer is "high solids" or not but the ratio in which
you mix the formula. Any good quality laquer will work as long as you use
'gloss' and not any rubbed effect formulation.
 Ratios vary wildly amongst the list...I prefer to use a 10-12 % ratio
-laquer to thinner.
jim bryant (FL)