preparations

Ric Brekne ricbrek at broadpark.no
Thu Aug 17 15:14:12 MDT 2006

Grin... me thinks perhaps you misunderstood my post.  I am in aggreement
totally with you on this one.  When I thought of Jimmy Hendricks... I
thought about the instrument he used to bust all apart and then set on
fire on stage.  Now THATS extending the limits of an instrument ...!
hehe.   I would just love to see someone write a piece for Grand Piano
Flambé as it were... and then call it music !

Ok Ok... I'm a somewhat of a musical conservative I guess... I rather
like melodic-ness.  I admit it :)

Cheers Stéphane
RicB

--------

Come on Ric,

this is exactly my point : Jimmy Hendricks played a 1964 Fender
Stratocaster
(left handed) feeding a Big Muff distortion circuitry and a double body 200
watts Marshall amplifier (at full power).
Try to play Stars and Stripes on a Cordoba Flamenca guitar (with tea spoons
all over the place) see if 300.000 persons will go mad.
It is a totally other instrument, with other means to achieve other goals.

Best regards.

Stéphane Collin.

P.S. : I liked Jimmy Hendricks, and still love some of his followers, like
Joe Satriani, who I regard as a master of electric guitar sound design and
playing.