Source fof High Solids Lacquer

JIMRPT at aol.com JIMRPT at aol.com
Thu Aug 17 18:54:59 MDT 2006

In a message dated 8/17/06 8:45:05 PM, dsmith941 at comcast.net writes:

<< "Lenmar Ultra Unilac, " precatalyzed Acrlylic Butyrate Finisher , for

profession use only.  , Clear\  Cab finish Lacquer Gloss.  I am assured that

it is the ultimate in clarity for fine wood finished, but the can doesnt

mention juicing hammers.

So can anyone tell me if this stuff is ok and how much to dilute it?  >>

Dave.... Phil and I never argue we do discuss strongly at times though! :-)

 I have never used "pre-catalyzed" stuff to do hammers with....but I would be
extremely hesitant to use such as a voicing medium. One of the attributes of
"pre-catalyzed" stuff is its extreme hardness and I don't feel it would lend
itself to voicing post laquering...could be wrong butttt..... In addtion
"acrylic" stuff tends toward the brittle with little give and cracking under stress.
 My weapon of choice is a good nitrocellulose laquer...not as brittle,
doesn't crack down readily and has been used for many years in voicing...not to say
that new stuff can't be used
Jim Bryant (FL)