answer cell phone in customer's homes?

David Nereson dnereson at 4dv.net
Fri Aug 18 22:58:34 MDT 2006

Do you guys and gals answer your cell phone in customer’s homes?
I just couldn’t bring myself to do it.  They might come running
into the room to see if I’m calling them to the piano to point
something out, only to discover I’m conversing on their nickel
(at least, that’s how they might see it if I’m charging by the
hour).  But if you don’t answer before the 3rd ring these days,
instead of leaving a message, people just call another tuner.
How can you concentrate on a tuning if you’re answering the
phone and making appointments in other people’s homes?
            --David Nereson, RPT