Voicing Wurzen Hammers...was source of high solids Lacquer

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 19 23:56:26 MDT 2006

I've got a gallon of MacLac. I've got a set of Ronsen Wurzens that need something in the low bass...and some of the treble is weak. For the bass, should I soak the bottom hammers with a 6 to 1 solution are just the shoulders? How about the treble?

I would strongly suggest using Sanding Sealer. The lowest Bass needs a bit on the crown. Same with the last treble hammers. YMMV, but that's what I've found to be the "solution". BTW, I usually thin to a 10:1 ratio. IMO, anything less is way too "lacquery". Because of the Rice Solids in Sanding Sealer, you can still needle w/o getting a hernia.<G>
Regards,
Joseph Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I