Movie [was: 1/2 punching]

John Delacour JD at Pianomaker.co.uk
Sun Aug 20 10:43:55 MDT 2006

At 11:20 pm +0100 8/8/06, I wrote:

>At 10:59 am -0600 8/8/06, Cy Shuster wrote:
>
>>That's fascinating, John.
>>
>>I can't see much benefit for sharps from the small trough.  Won't
>>they feel much different from naturals?
>
>As I said, perhaps the photo does not make things clear enough.  No,
>the trough gives a well-defined angle just in front of the back pins
>just like that in front of the front pins.  It is with the "lazy"
>flat-topped rail that the naturals and the sharps will feel
>different.  That was my point.  When I've time I'll make a drawing,
>or even a movie to illustrate it.

I've now made a little Quicktime movie, which you can find here:

<http://pianomaker.co.uk/movies/balance.mov> (2.4 Megabytes)

To view it you will need Quicktime, free download from here:
<http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/> and I recommend you
upgrade to version 7.1 if you are using an older version.

RealPlayer will also play the file (Mac or Windows) but it's messy on
Windows machines.

Although it will play in the browser it is better to download the
file and play it in Quicktime Player, which will give you more
options.

The movie is work in progress and will eventually be far more elaborate.

JD