Illimitable Action question

Amanda Welsh welsh_piano at bellnet.ca
Sun Aug 20 10:40:55 MDT 2006

Hello, this is my first time posting on this message board.  I have a Bell piano with an illimitable action that I am trying to regulate/recondition, and I'm wondering if anyone knows if replacement jacks are available for this type of action.  All of the springs on the jacks in the bass and high treble sections are missing, as well as the thread loops, but most of them are present in the tenor section.
I am wondering if it's possible, and worth the time to replace the jacks/loops so the piano keeps this type of action, or is it already too far gone to do anything about.
I am a big fan of Bell pianos, and this is the first one I've seen like this.  Ultimately I would like to keep this action in proper working order, but I'm not sure at this point if it's possible.
Thanks for your help.
Amanda