Mice thread

John Delacour JD at Pianomaker.co.uk
Tue Aug 22 16:31:00 MDT 2006

At 8:04 pm +0200 22/8/06, Ric Brekne wrote:

>Hi StŽphane
>Since these mice seem so intelligent... you could perhaps negotiate
>an agreement with them ???

Mice are indeed very intelligent and methodical and the results of
their games are quite amusing if you can bear the expense.  If you
leave a tin open containing two or three different types of thing,
say screws and buttons and nuts, they will sort them and store each
in a different place.  Your part in the game is to find the new
places before the urine has rusted the whole lot.

A good way to double an apprentice's learning speed in fitting new
tapes to upright hammers is to leave the hammers out over night.  In
the morning the apprentice will have to fit another set.  All the
tapes will be nipped off close to the butt.

I must say I wish I'd known about the lavender many years ago since I
will not kill any creature, but mice can be very expensive when there
are no humans to scare them away.

JD