Kap German piano

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Aug 22 21:14:28 MDT 2006

"or do only Steinways hold their value and are worthy of such work?"

I think that all depends on if someone is considering "fixing" a piano for resale, or whether one is trying to make a musical instrument. If one is simply trying to "fix" a piano, then yes, having the name Steinway on the fallboard adds a significant amount of monetary value to the piano. However, if one is trying to make a musical instrument, there are many pianos made by many manufacturers that are "worth of such work".

Terry Farrell